About Me

My photo
Hey guys! I'm just a girl hopelessly in love with makeup, clothes and bling! I keep trying new products and that's why I wanted to start this blog so that I can share my views about the things I love. Please feel free to comment, subscribe and email me if you have any doubts or requests. I love discussing makeup!!

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Philips SalonStraight Active Ion Straightener (HP8310) - Review

Hey guys, thought I'd do a review of the Philips SalonStraight hair straightener today.

I got this straightener off of Flipkart last year for Rs.1670. It was on offer so the price was really good. Now I think it costs Rs.1699 on Flipkart but the maximum retail price is Rs.1995.



What it says on the box:
Shine and condition with ionic care.
Gentle on your hair.
Straight results.

The straightener:
The straightener is quite compact and looks very nice. Its black with purple designs on it and the plates are also purple. Purple is my favorite color so I love how it looks!


It has a slide lock on the bottom where the wire is connected making storage easy. It has a two pin plug so you can plug it in anywhere. It has ceramic plates which are supposed to be gentle on your hair. One drawback of this straightener is that it doesn't have a temperature control. Once you switch it on, it will take a few minutes to heat up to 210C which is the constant temperature and can't be changed.

Another property of this straightener is that it uses active ion technology to achieve smooth and frizz free hair.
We all know hair has static. We've all done that experiment where we run a comb through our hair a few times and then take it near paper bits which get attracted to the comb.
Its because of this static and unruly charges on the hair surface that we get frizzy, flyaway hair. These active ions neutralize the static in the hair and make it smooth.

I straightened my hair today after washing it so let me show you guys my experience.

My experience:
This is how my hair looks after its been washed and dried.


I have a mixed hair type as you can see. Its almost straight near the top and gets wavy in the middle and curls at the ends. My hair gets frizzy when its humid but even if it isn't, it still looks pretty big.

I use Sunsilk Keratinology hair spray which is a heat protectant. After making sure the heat protectant is spread evenly all over my hair, I straighten it with the straightener, which takes about 5 minutes to heat up once its been plugged in. I straighten my hair in segments, starting with the top layers and then moving down to the bottom layers.

I need to run the straightener three to four times over the same segment of hair for it to be completely straight. After I'm done straightening, I use the L'Oreal Paris Intense Smooth Serum to make sure my hair gets that finished smooth look.

This is how it looks after I'm done:


As you can see, my hair still has a few waves in it. This straightener doesn't make your hair stick straight but that's alright with me because this gives a more natural look and I'm quite happy with how my hair looks after using this straightener. It also gives your hair a soft shine which I love :)

So if you guys are fine with a few natural waves then this straightener is definitely worth buying! But if you want a straightener that will give you stick straight hair then you might want to look out for another model.

I hope this review was helpful. Please comment if you guys have any further questions :)

XOXOXO
Purple Colored Lenses

No comments:

Post a Comment