About Me

My photo
Hey guys! I'm just a girl hopelessly in love with makeup, clothes and bling! I keep trying new products and that's why I wanted to start this blog so that I can share my views about the things I love. Please feel free to comment, subscribe and email me if you have any doubts or requests. I love discussing makeup!!

Saturday 2 March 2013

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo: Review

I''ve been using this shampoo for the past one year and I've got to say its quite a find, as far as shampoos go.


What it claims: 
ready for long hair care that goes the distance? our formula is fused with red raspberry and Brazilian silk and our shampoo and conditioner uses hydro-activated silkening blends. to get long, satin-soft hair, engage every strand in a long term relationship. go ahead, grow your hair as long as you dare.

when it comes to long hair care, you don’t have to compromise. our hydro-activated ingredients help keep your hair in optimal condition, so you can grow it as long as you want. we’re going to be very happy together.

Appearance:
The shampoo is quite thick and a violet-pink color. 

My experience: 
First, I would like to say that I love the smell of this shampoo and it isn't too overpowering either. It lingers for a few days after you wash your hair which is also quite nice. But since the shampoo is of a thick consistency, you have to dilute it with water before you can apply it onto your hair. Applying it directly makes it difficult to get a sufficient amount of lather. Though this shampoo is supposed to be specifically designed for long hair, I had short hair when I started using it and I found that it was actually helping my hair grow faster as well as nourishing it. After washing my hair with this shampoo, it felt soft and smooth to the touch which was very impressive because my hair is dry and frizzy by nature. 

The only downside of this shampoo, and this is my personal opinion, is that no matter how much you dilute it, you still get a small amount of build up near your roots so I wouldn't recommend that you use this shampoo everyday. I myself use it twice a week and it has given me good results. But if you have a dandruff problem, then STAY AWAY! The build up near your roots makes the skin more flaky and it worsens the problem. 

But if you have long hair, or if you wish to grow your hair then this shampoo is quite good and you could give it a try. 

Pros:

1. Nourishes long hair and makes short hair grow faster
2. Good smell, not too overpowering
3. Makes hair smooth and soft after just a few washes

Cons:

1. Consistency is quite thick
2. Build up near the roots
3. Isn't a good shampoo for people with dandruff

I hope some of you may have found this review helpful. Please leave a comment about this review or if you guys have come across a better shampoo for long hair. I'm getting bored and would like to try something new! :)

PurpleColoredLenses

No comments:

Post a Comment