About Me

My photo
Hey guys! I'm just a girl hopelessly in love with makeup, clothes and bling! I keep trying new products and that's why I wanted to start this blog so that I can share my views about the things I love. Please feel free to comment, subscribe and email me if you have any doubts or requests. I love discussing makeup!!

Saturday 2 March 2013

Himalaya Neem Face Wash and Scrub: Review


At the end of last year, I had a really horrible break out. There were huge pimples all over my face and I was totally freaked because I hadn’t had an acne problem for the past two years. I was using the same products as before and couldn’t understand why I was getting so many pimples all of a sudden.
My mom suggested I try the Himalaya Neem Face Wash because it claimed to completely get rid of pimples. I went out and bought a tube of that and also the Neem scrub.



What it claims: 
Purifying Neem Face Wash is a soap-free herbal formulation that gently removes impurities and prevents pimples. Enriched with Neem and Turmeric.
Neem , well known for its antibacterial properties, helps in controlling acne and pimples, and their recurrence.
Further, when combined with Turmeric , it effectively eliminates acne-causing bacteria.
Indications:
Clears skin, prevents pimples
My experience:
When I first started using this, my skin felt less oily and the pimples were getting smaller so I thought that it was working. But after a week, the face wash started making my face really dry, and when the skin gets really dry it starts producing more oil to compensate for that dryness and that is exactly what happened. My face became so oily that I had to wash it like every two hours just to prevent the griminess. All my friends started asking me why my skin was always so oily and how it was only going to make my pimples worse.
I mentioned that my pimples started reducing in size, and you might think it was working. But what actually happened was that now my entire face was covered in small whiteheads that hurt like hell. I had to sleep facing up because if my face touched the pillow, my skin started burning because of all the whiteheads. I honestly couldn’t tell if this was an improvement or not.
The scrub didn’t help either and only succeeded in making my skin much drier if that was possible and my face had red splotches all over it after i washed the scrub off.
I finally decided to go back to the products I was using before and remarkably, my skin cleared and now it looks normal and pimple free.
I’m not sure whether it was because my skin was allergic to the neem face wash or I should have stuck to it and the results would only be visible over a long term but I’m so glad I stopped using them when I did.
Pros:
1. Nice gel like consistency
2. Good smell
3. Good, sturdy packaging
Cons:
1.Did not get rid of pimples
2.Made my skin dry
So all in all, I will definitely not be purchasing this product again.


No comments:

Post a Comment